Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Covering Temp #1

Back to EASR today till next friday. Just an attempt to have some fun at this familiar place again. So.... I started wearing the new clothes i bought from bangkok. 
This two piece top cost me about $8 and it was super worth it. The outer layer was quite thick (but not too thick) and kept me pretty warm in the office. I quite like how it looks like i have wings when I lift up my hands. 
And this is the total shagness after my 'first day' in a new position called Covering Temp. 

Oh and I met the new guy temp today. Heard he can be quite nonsense and funny. But, he wasn't as friendly as I expected but nevermind, I shall try harder to break the ice soon. 

The morning wasn't all too good as I was really cold in the train, my nose was blocked and I didn't register that a pregnant lady was in front of me which led to an old lady telling me to give up my seat. My voice sucks too, sounding so hoarse. I reached office at 825am with only Kam Yoke in the office and she said I sound and look like I just woke up.... But thankfully, when Wai Lin came into office.... hohoho, managed to hyped me up abit. Candy and Melissa was discussing how I am smart to earn extra money during this short period of free time I have and how I officially became a covering temp. 

View photo.JPG in slide show
Lunch was not too bad. Joseleen and Wai Lin brought me to a coffeeshop where i supposedly haven been there before. It was just as if it really was my first day. Wai Lin was still joking about how I may become her boss in future and I know all her secrets. And,what if i make her stay back to finish work just because she always unintentionally made me stay back late.It was really hilarious with all her acting. She was also commenting on how it really felt like my first day: hungry at 11+, nap time, hungry again at 4+ just like my first days previously. 

I thought I won't have things to do after lunch but, I was wrong. Just when I said i don't know what to do, there came a whole chain of wai lin's tasks. From calling candidates to preparing blue forms, VRS, calling up scholars and doing up interview schedules to preparing the folders for thurs. I worked all the way till abot 630pm before leaving. Despite all the work, I was actually very happy to do it. 

Perhaps, going back again is different from the first time. The whole feeling in general, feels very different. I can't exactly describe the feeling but it's like, you are new but you are not. And half of me is in holiday mood while the other is in working mood. What you get out of it is actually a very fun working experience. 

Generally, I forsee that this 9 days is no longer stress but just plainly enjoying myself. Just had a little epiphany that maybe, doing my tasks there may be what actually makes me happy. People ask why do i not want to go out and play instead of working. Maybe, just maybe, working is the type of playing for me. At least I am doing what I like and enjoy. 

Look forward to more Covering Temp entries the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment