Friday, July 20, 2012

Covering Temp #3 - Eighteen Chefs

Started the morning by having a short chat with Candy and Kam Yoke (originated from Candy's qn as to whether I passed my driving). Thought I would have nothing to do for the morning but end up, I helped Wai Lin go through her application forms. 2 set of 63 application forms made my eyes really tired and my brain totally drained. Wanted to close my eyes so badly just before lunch but luckily, may and wai lin decided to go down to take a look at the durian puffs. They left first leaving me in the office and I decided to just call Jun Xian along. 
 We went down to the 5th floor to have a look after which May queued up to buy durian puffs for us while Wai Lin, Junxian and I headed to the market for lunch. I finally had my Hakka noodles! hehe the aunty gave me my cheese tofu upon request again. Think the 2 aunties can recognize me alr! I am a loyal customer k!
After lunch was back to the office where I left for interview centre almost immediately to help JX set up and guide him at the same time. Went back supposedly to help Malini but she said not so soon.. SO.. i continued with Wai Lin's database before leaving at 245pm to the TV room. Met the scholars ( they were really pretty!) and slack around listening to Sufen before i received an SOS from JX. 

Headed down imm to the interview centre and stayed there afterwards til about 5pm. Luckily it wasn't anything major that went wrong. Clear emails and finish Wai lin's database by 630pm. Wanted to put my head down to rest awhile when..... Suh Huey said the file in the thumbdrive was empty..... Thankfully, the file was saved in the desktop of the laptop she used.
While leaving, Malini said she don't mind joining us if we go somewhere nearby. Thus, Wai Lin, Malini + me headed to Tiong Bahru Plaza's Eighteen Chefs. Have not been here before so it's a whole new experience. We queued for about 20 mins before getting seats...
This is their sides menu. Their sides are rather creative and cheap.
The two of them suggested that I order the student meal which was super worth it! I got to customized my own pasta and the meal includes ice lemon tea and ice cream, all just for the price of $6.40! After adding an extra ingredient (salmon), it cost just $10.90! Plus, for student meal, topping up an ingredient entitle you to one more free ingredient! Super good deal!
When we arrived, this was displayed on a big banner outside. This is their newest additions to the exciting menu they already have. 
 My lemon tea which tasted average. Don't know why but it tasted abit like coffee initially.
 My Creamy Mango Pasta with Mushroom, Salmon and Chicken slices. This is one of the better pastas I have eaten so far. Their creamy mango sauce comes with just right sweetness and fragrant smell of mango. It is not like normal cream sauce where you will feel gelat after awhile. I really love the sauce that i tried to finish all of it. The salmon was not of any inferior quality as what you might get for such a price elsewhere. It was finely grilled and the original sauce of it was retained. Generally, the ingredients and sauce complimented each well and I really liked the whole thing. It is a definite must try for cream lovers!
 This was Wai Lin's grilled chicken pasta. I didn't get to try it but from the picture as seen, they are pretty generous with their portions..
 Malini's Beef with raisin rice. The beef tasted not too bad; the marination was of some standard but the meat was alittle too thick. Malini had some difficult cutting it into smaller pieces which can be quite annoying when all you want to do is enjoy your dinner.
 Malini reconmended this sambal cheese fries. It was delicious when it was piping hot but got alittle gelat when you eat it cold.
 We sat around for awhile to chat and went to the toilet. And then.... Wai Lin thought she lost her phone. so we went back to look for it and the staff happened to find someone else's samsung phone and returned it alr. End: the phone was in her bag. =.= Headed to the mrt and took some photos along the way.
 On the escalator down to the mrt! hahaha. girls can take photos anywhere! I look really shagged though.
Overall, today was quite a good yet tiring day. I had a good chat with Jun Xian and I think I sort of broke the ice already. Looking forward to getting to know him better. Also, the night out with Malini and Wai Lin was also something that made me felt good and I really appreciate their company. Oh and not mentioning, I had a good and fulfilling dinner! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment